Bachelor of Professional Studies in
Capitalize on high employer demand for qualified healthcare administration professionals while completing your degree online from a top university.
Take the next step toward the career you want. Fill out the form for more information about the online programs at Syracuse University.
Go Beyond What’s Possible with a Degree in Healthcare Administration
The number of healthcare administration jobs is projected to grow by 32 percent by 2029, according to U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data. Advance your qualifications for these important roles with Syracuse University’s online Bachelor of Professional Studies (BPS) in Healthcare Administration program.
This online undergraduate program will provide you with foundational knowledge of the healthcare field, plus key skills related to business, finance, electronic records management, human resources, project management, negotiation, and conflict management. Your instructors, who are renowned Syracuse University faculty members, will help you to:
- Apply leadership and management concepts and theory to effectively devise and facilitate sustainable organizational processes, operations, and strategies.
- Critically analyze concepts and theory related to communicable disease, its impact globally and locally, and to effectively manage and prevent further transmission.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and competence in applying financial management models to health care organizations.
- Apply health care law, ethics, and the protection of electronic records to policy and procedure development.
- Articulate strategies for developing wellness initiatives at the organizational, personal, and client level.
Discover Your Career Potential
You’ll graduate well-equipped to start or advance your healthcare administration career in industries such as:
- General Medical and Surgical Hospitals
- Insurance Carriers
- Physician Offices
- Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools
- Management, Scientific, and Technical Consulting
- Home Health Care Services
- Nursing Care Facilities
- Computer Systems Design and Related Services
- Scientific Research and Development Services
- Pharmaceutical and Medicine Manufacturing
Tuition & Financial Aid
Syracuse University makes tuition very affordable for part-time students. In addition, we offer generous financial aid and scholarships to help make our already low part-time tuition even more affordable. There are also benefits and support for active-duty, veteran, and military-connected students, including tuition for active-duty members that’s covered 100% by military tuition assistance (TA) and unlimited participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Dedicated Student Support
Each Syracuse University student is assigned a dedicated academic advisor who will work with you every step of the way, from registration to graduation, including general advising, transcript evaluation, career exploration, and more. We’ll also help you navigate procedures and processes that might be unfamiliar to you if it’s been a while since you’ve attended school. Your advisor will help you come up with a personalized game plan to achieve your goals, with a focus on ensuring your success as an online student. These strategies for success include new-student onboarding, a technical overview of the online environment, tips for engaging successfully in the online classroom, and more.
Admissions for Syracuse University's online undergraduate programs are accepted on a rolling basis. Apply anytime.
- High school diploma or GED, or official transcripts from all previous higher education institutions attended
- For students transferring college credit, minimum 2.5 grade point average
- For students with no college credit to transfer, high school transcript must be submitted with application
- In certain instances, the admission committee may request letters of recommendation
- Interview with an advisor (may be conducted by phone)
Online Undergraduate Programs to Match Your Ambition
Wherever life finds you, we offer flexible degree programs to match your ambitions. Discover just a few benefits of earning your degree online at Syracuse University.
Career-Focused Degree Programs
Gain skills in key areas to advance your career or take it in a new direction. Courses focus on experiential learning, providing you with plenty of opportunities to apply your studies to real-world scenarios.
Experience the same academic rigor, learning from the same talented faculty, as students who are on the Syracuse University campus.
Benefits for Military & Veterans
Whether you’re a veteran or are currently serving in the armed forces, Syracuse University is proud to help you succeed by offering special education benefits, including tuition at the TA rate for active-duty members.
Engaged Learning Community
Connect and collaborate with your peers and professors throughout your program—including weekly live interactive learning sessions to discuss and expand on that week's content.
Flexible Options to Fit Your Busy Life
With programs designed for working professionals, you’ll have flexibility to balance your education with other life obligations. Looking to finish faster? We offer accelerated, 8-week-long classes with six starts throughout the year.
Dedicated Student Support
Have a question about financial aid, your career search, or another topic? Enjoy peace of mind that dedicated academic advisement and support is just a call, email, or live chat away.
Go Beyond What's Possible
Don’t wait another day to forge the future you want. Fill out the form on this page to learn more about our online, part-time undergraduate degree programs.