Veterans, Active Military, and Military-Connected Students
Syracuse University consistently ranks among the nation’s top schools for military and veterans, including being named the 2020 #1 “Best for Vets” Private School for Veterans by Military Times.
Our Mission is Your Education
For over a century, Syracuse University has opened its doors to all veterans and service members. We are proud of this history and honored to be ranked the Best Private School for veterans by Military Times. Whether you are a veteran or currently serving in the US armed forces, Syracuse University is committed to helping you succeed.
Making Syracuse University Affordable
Here are just a few ways Syracuse University makes it remarkably affordable for veterans, active military, and military-connected students to earn a world-class undergraduate degree online and part time:
- Tuition at the TA Rate. Your Department of Defense tuition assistance (TA) covers 100 percent of tuition for service members enrolled in online undergraduate degree programs. Syracuse University offers Active Duty, US Reserve Component Military, and National Guard tuition at the federal tuition assistance (TA) rate of $250 per credit hour for up to 24-semester hours.
- Unlimited Participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program. Syracuse University participates in the Yellow Ribbon program, which enables Post 9/11 GI Bill students to receive additional funding to cover tuition and fees. There is no cap on the number of students eligible to receive the Yellow Ribbon benefit at Syracuse University.
- Special scholarships, grants, and other incentives, both needs-based and merit-based, for veterans, active service members, and their families.
- Military and veteran-dedicated enrollment staff at Syracuse University’s Office for Veterans and Military Affairs will help you navigate and apply for your eligible benefits to include Post-9/11 GI Bill, the Montgomery GI Bill, Tuition Assistance, Recruitment Incentive and Retention Program (RIRP), Federal Student Aid, and other education benefits.
Flexibility for Current Service Members
Online courses are the same as classes taught on campus, offered during off-duty hours in flexible formats that fit your schedule.
Credit for Your Military Experience
Finish faster by turning your professional military education (PME) and training into college credit. We award members of the military college credits based on your:
- Joint Service Transcripts (JST) and/or
- Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) records
- Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) evaluating knowledge gained through professional experience
Hundreds of occupations across each branch of the armed forces have already been evaluated for credit toward a Syracuse University online degree.
Go Beyond What’s Possible
Take advantage of the special opportunities we offer to help veterans, active military, and military-connected students earn their degree online at Syracuse University. Connect with us today.