Bachelor of Professional Studies in
Discover how to use technology and data in today’s organizations while earning your degree online from a top university.
Go Beyond What’s Possible with a Degree in Knowledge Management
Organizations today have access to a wealth of data—and the ones that can use it effectively stand to benefit enormously. Prepare to help organizations effectively manage key information and technology while completing your undergraduate degree online at Syracuse University.
Our online Bachelor of Professional Studies (BPS) in Knowledge Management program will provide you with a comprehensive set of skills you need to capture, structure, manage, and disseminate actionable insights throughout an organization. Through a mix of self-paced learning and weekly live interactive sessions, you’ll learn from expert Syracuse University faculty about how to:
- Analyze the role of technology as a resource in organizations and society, social media, data mining, and data security.
- Decipher and use data available across multiple industry sectors, including health, energy, manufacturing, and finance.
- Critically and ethically assess big data.
- Evaluate the benefits of knowledge management systems and supporting technologies on organizational decision-making, problem-solving, and more.
- Analyze models of knowledge management to define how they will contribute to both “return of vision” and “return of investment” driving organizational success.
Discover Your Career Potential
Upon completion of our part-time BPS in Knowledge Management program, you’ll be ready to grow your career in positions such as:
- Marketing Management
- Business Analyst
- Training and Development Manager
- Knowledge Management Specialist
- Database Administrator
Tuition and Financial Aid
Syracuse University makes tuition very affordable for part-time students. In addition, we offer generous financial aid and scholarships to help make our already low part-time tuition even more affordable. There are also benefits and support for active-duty, veteran, and military-connected students, including tuition in online undergraduate degrees for active-duty members that’s covered 100% by military tuition assistance (TA) and unlimited participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Dedicated Student Support
Each Syracuse University student is assigned a dedicated academic advisor who will work with you every step of the way, from registration to graduation, including general advising, transcript evaluation, career exploration and more. We’ll also help you navigate procedures and processes that might be unfamiliar to you if it’s been a while since you’ve attended school. Your advisor will help you come up with a personalized game plan to achieve your goals, with a focus on ensuring your success as an online student. These strategies for success include new-student onboarding, a technical overview of the online environment, tips for engaging successfully in the online classroom and more.
Admissions for Syracuse University's online undergraduate programs are accepted on a rolling basis. Apply anytime.
- High school diploma or GED, or official transcripts from all previous higher education institutions attended
- For students transferring college credit, minimum 2.5 grade point average
- For students with no college credit to transfer, high school transcript must be submitted with application
- In certain instances, the admission committee may request letters of recommendation
- Interview with an advisor (can be conducted by phone)
Hybrid Learning Model
Our online courses are structured so that most work can be completed on your own time throughout the week. Weekly real time class sessions give online students an opportunity to meet with professors and fellow classmates to expand on course content or to gain a better understanding of material.
Online Programs to Match Your Ambition
Wherever life finds you, we offer flexible, high-quality online degree programs to match your ambitions. Discover just a few benefits of earning your degree online at Syracuse University.
Career-Focused Degree Programs
Gain skills in key areas to advance your career or take it in a new direction. Courses focus on experiential learning, providing you with plenty of opportunities to apply your studies to real-world scenarios.
Engaged Learning Community
Connect and collaborate with your peers and professors throughout your program—including weekly live interactive learning sessions to discuss and expand on that week's content.
Experience the same academic rigor, learning from the same talented faculty, as students who are on the Syracuse University campus.
Benefits for Military & Veterans
Whether you’re a veteran or are currently serving in the armed forces, Syracuse University is proud to help you succeed by offering special education benefits, including tuition at the TA rate for active-duty members.
Flexible Options to Fit Your Busy Life
With programs designed for working professionals, you’ll have flexibility to balance your education with other life obligations without sacrificing quality. Looking to finish faster? We offer accelerated, 8-week-long classes with six starts throughout the year.
Dedicated Student Support
Have a question about financial aid, your career search, or another topic? Enjoy peace of mind that dedicated academic advisement and support is just a call, email, or live chat away.