Bachelor of Professional Studies in
Gain the skills to effectively lead teams to success while earning your degree online from a top university.
Go Beyond What’s Possible with a Career in Leadership
Good leaders who think strategically, adapt to fast-changing business conditions, and are able to manage a multi-generational workforce using exceptional interpersonal skills are in high demand across industries and sectors. Learn these skills and much more with the online Bachelor of Professional Studies (BPS) in Creative Leadership program at Syracuse University.
Through the course of 120 credits divided into four segments—liberal studies, professional competencies, concentration program of study, and electives—you’ll learn from expert Syracuse University faculty about the entire range of skills you need to take on leadership roles in today’s organizations, including the abilities to:
- Build and lead effective and diverse teams in a changing business environment.
- Forge professional networks and relationships.
- Develop skills for creative conflict resolution, communication, and negotiation. You’ll also become a more effective writer, researcher, and problem-solver.
- Assess an organization’s culture and power dynamics, as well as the strengths/weaknesses of its leaders.
- Implement, develop, and oversee work processes based on desired outcomes.
- Apply creative leadership tools and thinking for assessing industry trends, forecasting, and decision-making. You’ll also become more effective at strategic planning, managing risk, and developing data-driven solutions to business challenges.
Discover Your Career Potential
You’ll graduate ready to succeed in positions like:
- Client Relationship Associate
- Marketing Analytics Manager
- Demand Generation Manager
- Administrative Services Manager
- Training and Development Specialist
Tuition and Financial Aid
Syracuse University makes tuition very affordable for part-time students. In addition, we offer generous financial aid and scholarships to help make our already low part-time tuition even more affordable. There are also benefits and support for active-duty, veteran, and military-connected students, including tuition in online undergraduate degrees for active-duty members that’s covered 100% by military tuition assistance (TA) and unlimited participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Dedicated Student Support
Each Syracuse University student is assigned a dedicated academic advisor who will work with you every step of the way, from registration to graduation, including general advising, transcript evaluation, career exploration and more. We’ll also help you navigate procedures and processes that might be unfamiliar to you if it’s been a while since you’ve attended school. Your advisor will help you come up with a personalized game plan to achieve your goals, with a focus on ensuring your success as an online student. These strategies for success include new-student onboarding, a technical overview of the online environment, tips for engaging successfully in the online classroom and more.
Admissions for Syracuse University's online undergraduate programs are accepted on a rolling basis. Apply anytime.
- High school diploma or GED, or official transcripts from all previous higher education institutions attended
- For students transferring college credit, minimum 2.5 grade point average
- For students with no college credit to transfer, high school transcript must be submitted with application
- In certain instances, the admission committee may request letters of recommendation
- Interview with an advisor (can be conducted by phone)
Hybrid Learning Model
Our online courses are structured so that most work can be completed on your own time throughout the week. Weekly real time class sessions give online students an opportunity to meet with professors and fellow classmates to expand on course content or to gain a better understanding of material.
Online Programs to Match Your Ambition
Wherever life finds you, we offer flexible, high-quality online degree programs to match your ambitions. Discover just a few benefits of earning your degree online at Syracuse University.
Career-Focused Degree Programs
Gain skills in key areas to advance your career or take it in a new direction. Courses focus on experiential learning, providing you with plenty of opportunities to apply your studies to real-world scenarios.
Engaged Learning Community
Connect and collaborate with your peers and professors throughout your program—including weekly live interactive learning sessions to discuss and expand on that week's content.
Experience the same academic rigor, learning from the same talented faculty, as students who are on the Syracuse University campus.
Benefits for Military & Veterans
Whether you’re a veteran or are currently serving in the armed forces, Syracuse University is proud to help you succeed by offering special education benefits, including tuition at the TA rate for active-duty members.
Flexible Options to Fit Your Busy Life
With programs designed for working professionals, you’ll have flexibility to balance your education with other life obligations without sacrificing quality. Looking to finish faster? We offer accelerated, 8-week-long classes with six starts throughout the year.
Dedicated Student Support
Have a question about financial aid, your career search, or another topic? Enjoy peace of mind that dedicated academic advisement and support is just a call, email, or live chat away.